PROMIS is a project sponsored by Tempus Program. It is a continuation of ERAMIS project. More information on ERAMIS available here. PROMIS stands for PROfessional network of Master’s degrees inInformatics as a Second Competence.
Project duration: December 2013 – November 2016.
Project’s main goals are:
- Extension of ERAMIS network in Central Asia.
- Improvement of the academic quality of the network.
- Improvement of the vocational focus of the master degrees in computer sciences in different ways.
- Establishment of strong relationships between companies and universities.
- Adapting teaching process to the students working in parallel of the studies.
- Improvement of the network by sharing courses and pedagogic material.
The project is performed by:
- 5 unversities from Europe: Pierre Mendès France University, Grenoble, France; Beuth University of Applied Sciences, Berlin, Germany; Kaunas University of Technology, Kaunas, Lithuania; Lublin University of Technology, Lublin, Poland; Savonia University of Applied Sciences, Kuopio, Finland
- 9 universities from Central Asia: Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Almaty, Kazakhstan; Kyrgyz National Technical University, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; Osh Technological University, Osh, Kyrgyzstan; Khujand State University, Khudjand, Tadjikistan; Technological University of Tajikistan, Dushanbe, Tajikistan; Turkmen State Institute of Economics and Management, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan;Turkmen State Institute of Transportation and Communication, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan; Bukhara State University, Bukhara, Uzbekistan; National University of Uzbekistan, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- 3 enterprises from Europe: eLeDia, enterprise, Berlin; Ilmi Solutions Oy, enterprise, Kuopio, Finland; SYMETRIX, enterprise, Grenoble, France