The Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (www.nawa.gov.pl) has awarded the Lublin University of Technology (PL) a grant for the implementation of the project of launching a double Master degree in Computer Science in English. The project partner is the National University of Uzbekistan (NUU) in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. The project called “Mobile Application Development – Joint Master Studies in English” and with the number PPI/KAT/2019/1/00005 has been approved for funding under the KATAMARAN program (https://nawa.gov.pl/en/institutions/katamaran-establishing-and-conducting-joint-second-cycle-studies).
Project budget: 692 573.30 PLN.
Duration of implementation: from 1/10/2019 to 31/03/2021.
Project manager: Dr. Marek Miłosz.
The following activities are planned in the project:
- development of the program (and required documentation as well as the system of quality assurance and improvement of the program) of education at the MAD specialty in English,
- substantive development of didactic materials (including e-learning and thesis requirements),
- study visits and training of academic staff,
- working meetings,
- dissemination of information on specialties and preparation for recruitment.
The result of the project is the MAD specialty ready for launch at the second-cycle studies in Computer Science implemented jointly by NUU and PL, in the system: 2 semesters in NUU and 2 – in PL.
The main benefit for the Lublin University of Technology is the increase in the internationalization of education, i.e. the number of foreign students, and the offer of education in English. An important benefit for Polish academic teachers is to become acquainted with cultural differences so as to use this knowledge in the education of foreigners (not only within this specialty, but e.g. implemented under the Erasmus + program).
- KATAMARAN project: initiation meeting and study visit
- Lublin University of Technology webinar for Uzbekistan University authorities
- Presentation of the Lublin University of Technology projects financed by NAWA